Wednesday 29 January 2014

KIRSTY ALLSOPP RANT

(so soon in the New Year – we thought Matt might manage to wait until at least…February?!)

Have just seen the trade catalogues for the forthcoming Interiors Spring Fair at the NEC. I note that Kirsty
Allfluff is being lauded as TV presenter, craft and property expert and will be taking questions in two Q&A sessions covering craft tips. If Kirsty’s TV shows are anything to go by, she will have a team of experts ready to answer any tricky questions. Getting craft experts to show her how they do things does not make her an expert. I have a neighbour who is a pilot. I talk to him a lot when out walking our dogs. It doesn’t mean I could fly an airbus to Spain. I certainly couldn’t answer questions on navigation or thrust vectors. I might be able to tell you how to inflate a life jacket…which I suspect is about the level of Allfluff – she certainly blows enough hot air!

No comments:

Post a Comment